We are pleased to invite all members and supporters of Belgian Women in Science to take part in the General Assembly of our not-for-profit association, that will take place on Thursday 7 May from 17h to 19h30 at the Royal Institute for Natural Science in Brussels.
17h00 Brief session for members
- Welcome to the members by Tatjana Parac-Vogt, President
- Presentation of BeWiSe 2014 Accounts by Judit Lisoni, Treasurer
- Vote on the accounts
- Renewal of the Treasurer – applicants presentation and vote - Contact us if you are a candidate!
17h30 Open session for all (final agenda to be confirmed soon)
- Overview of our 2014 activities by Tatjana Parac-Vogt
- Presentation of BeWiSe interactive pedagogic toolkit by Carole Paleco, Vice President and brainstorm on how to promote it broadly
- One founder of BeWiSe shares her research/career and involvement in BeWiSe by Wilfrieda Decraemer
- Discussion on where BeWiSe wants to go next (why be member, added value of networking, involve members an steering committee in activities…) and how to do activities and get organised (teleconference meetings, expand membership…)
- Upcoming activities, including mentoring relaunch (same method? candidate-mentees in your network very welcome) and focused lunches
- Closing words by Tatjana Parac-Vogt
We hope this will be a excellent opportunity to exchange views on what has been done, to share ideas on what should be done, and to meet informally around gender+science related topics.